Hygiene is an important aspect when it comes to human health. However, it is essentially important when it comes to newborn baby care. Certainly, they are more vulnerable to viruses and germs. The immune system of a newborn is not that developed, and even the smallest microbe is enough to make sick. Proper hygiene and care will certainly help keep germs and hence illnesses at bay. Thus, your baby can grow and develop properly. Undoubtedly, home and personal hygiene play an extremely important role in the proper care and development of your little one.
Nothing is more exciting than growing up your little one, but newborn baby care can be a daunting process. Ensuring proper hygiene practices is necessary when it comes to a baby’s health and care. Proper planning can help you maintain hygiene routine at home to keep your baby safe from any infections.
Here are some tips about hygiene and baby care that plays an important role in the development of a newborn-
- Cleaning and sanitizing the newborn’s room every day should be a ritual. Not only the room, but everything that the baby uses like the crib, clothes, toys, feeding bottles, or bowls must be cleaned properly.
- Practice self-hygiene when it comes to cuddling and handling the baby. Ensure washing your hands frequently, especially while handling baby food, milk bottles, before and after changing nappies, or cuddling your baby. Use good quality antibacterial liquid soap or hand sanitizers. A good hand sanitizer kills almost 99.9% of germs without water. It leaves your hands fresh, clean, and germ-free.
- The stage when the baby begins to crawl is when you need to maintain a high level of hygiene as they often come in contact with the floor surfaces. Thus, using good floor cleaners is a must. However, choose the products wisely that are free of harsh chemicals to harm the baby’s health seriously.
- When your child gets a bit older, please give them the necessary training on personal hygiene. Make the understand the importance of cleanliness; for example, ask them to wash their hands before and after eating food, after using the washroom, after playing, etc. While washing the baby’s delicate hands, ensure using antibacterial liquid soap that is not too harsh.
- Make sure you keep any dirty or dusting clothes away from the baby’s reach. Dust particles can irritate your baby as it may contain allergic pollutants. Avoid dumping rubbish at home, as it has the potential to breed mosquitos or even bacteria. Ensure the timely disposal of this unwanted waste.
- Home ventilation is an extremely important factor in newborn baby care. Fresh and pure air is a must to keep your baby comfortable and playful.
- Always try to store baby clothes separately, in a different basket or closet, and do not mix with other clothes. Wash baby clothes separately with a chemical-free detergent or use antiseptic liquid with water. Do not forget to dry them thoroughly before putting them on your baby.
So, keep the above points in mind and get ready to enjoy the happy moments with your little one in a stress-free way. Happy and healthy days with your bundle of joy at home are just waiting for you!