Motherhood is a crazy rollercoaster. No matter how old your kids are, there never seems to be an end to the questions, needs, and cries for attention. The truth is that moms easily get overwhelmed when trying to meet the demands of motherhood along with other roles like work, relationships, and social life. For many of us, it’s hard to wind down and find some time just for ourselves and our own thoughts.
That’s where yoga is helpful for many busy moms. Yoga is a great way to carve out a piece of peace and relaxation, and you can even do it at home. If you are feeling stressed or overwhelmed with your daily life, take a look at some ways that you can still enjoy yoga as a busy mom. These hacks can help save you time and stress.
How Busy Moms can Still Enjoy Yoga
Here are some helpful things you can do to enjoy practicing yoga while still meeting the needs of your kids and family:
- Wake up a little earlier than everyone else so you have some quiet alone time to do yoga without interruptions.
- If you work from home, use your lunch break also as a yoga break. Do some quick stretches and poses that quickly quiet your mind and help you reset for the rest of your day.
- If you have little ones that still take naps, this is a great time to get in some yoga. While the kids are asleep, you can take some time for yourself to unwind and quiet down your mind. Make this a habit, and avoid the temptation to do chores or catch up on work during this time.
- You can always incorporate your kids into yoga! Let your kids get used to yoga being part of your daily routine. They may try to copy your movements or participate, which can be fun. You may also find that they get bored and move on to playing. This also can be great because you can keep an eye on them while also continuing your poses.
- If you need time outside the house, ask your partner or spouse to help out with the kids so you can go to a yoga class, or attend an online class at home. If you are a single parent, look for yoga studios that have childcare, or ask a family member for help. It’s okay to ask for help! And it’s okay to need time to yourself!
As a busy mom, you may feel stretched in all the wrong directions. Yoga is a great way to keep your body moving and your mind uncluttered. We know that you love your kids, but we also know that it is perfectly okay for you to need time to take care of yourself. Try these hacks for practicing yoga and take back control of your body and mind. Need help? Check out the online classes and support available at YogaRIOT.