Epitalon – The Peptide that Stimulates Melatonin and Increases Life Span
With various products in the market, the anti-aging skincare field has boomed. People are now confused with various ingredients that are said to be necessary for anti-aging. It is impossible to apply all ingredients at one time. Still, we buy multiple products every month. However, even if we buy different creams and serums and use them regularly, we still don’t know, which are safe and which actually works.
How do you choose your product? Many of us rely on brands, advertisements, personal feedbacks, or budget and convenience. What we don’t know is that beauty is related to science. Skin products are launched in the market only after thorough research is done by scientists.
The best illustration will be sunscreen cream and lotion which contain various chemicals and compounds which are created after proper research in laboratories. Along with some traditional components, which are always available in the product, there are few active compounds like peptides, botanical extracts, etc. Nowadays, peptides are quite in demand which is a biological component that changes the appearance of the skin. One such peptide is epitalon.
What is Epitalon?
Epitalon is a synthetic peptide. It is made from four amino acids –
- Glutamic acid
- Aspartic acid
These four amino acids are found in a natural peptide called epithalamin that is extracted from the pineal gland. Research has proven that epitalon increases the lifespan of mice and fruit flies, as well as improves the visual functions in patients suffering from pigmented retinal degeneration. Therefore, it is said that Epitalon is good for the pineal gland, retina, and regulation of melatonin production.
How is Epitalon Used?
Epitalon is induced through intravenous or intramuscular injection or the skin. It cannot be taken orally because it breaks down in the digestive system and will not show any effect on the skin as it doesn’t enter the bloodstream properly. However, it is always recommended to discuss with a dermatologist before taking Epitalon injection.
Core Peptides is a USA based company that provides epitalon for sale as well as other peptide compounds. They provide the highest quality of peptide products. All their peptides have gone through quality control procedures to ensure that customers get the best peptides ever. Their products are scientifically formulated and produced in cGMP facilities. All their products on the site are only for laboratory research.
Effect of Epitalon on Human Body
Epitalon maintains the healthy functioning of the pineal gland, which is located in the center of the brain. It produces 40 types of bioactive compounds which impact the overall physical health. Melatonin hormone is the major compound that regulates sleep-wake, nervous, and immune systems. Epitalon reduces the deficiency of peptides and also helps in restoring protein synthesis in the brain cells and the central nervous system. It also helps in –
- Slowing down the aging process
- Restoring metabolism in brain cells
- Beating jet lag
- Coping with physical and mental stress
- Supporting the body during seasonal epidemic
- Stabilizing immune, neuroendocrine and hormonal system
- Eliminating insomnia and hypersomnia
Different Researches for Epitalon
- Retinitis Pigmentosa is a degenerative eye disorder where the eye rods degenerate. Epitalon improves the damage in the retina caused by degeneration.
- With age, we suffer from insomnia because our circadian rhythm is disrupted and melatonin secretion is reduced. Research showed that epitalon stimulated the melatonin secretion in a monkey and improved its circadian rhythm.
- It is seen that Epitalon helps in increasing the life span of living beings like fruit flies by 11%-16% of mice by 12.3%.
- With age, the pancreatic enzymes in an adult start decreasing. However, Epitalon increases the activity of enzymes in the pancreas that help in digesting sugar and protein.
- Study shows that Epitalon reduces the genes that participate in the development of breast cancer in animals and humankind. Also, various studies on mice have proven that Epitalon helps in reducing tumor and colon cancer cells.
- The deficit of antioxidants like melatonin often leads to diseases like Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, cancer, or heart ailments. However, Epitalon stimulates melatonin and increases antioxidant levels in the body.
All these tests have been done on animals and it is yet to be proven that epitalon benefits humankind in the same manner. The FDA has still not approved its medical use because of lack of evidence on human beings. Therefore, often consult your doctor before using any kind of supplement containing peptide-like epitalon.